Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"my boy" off to college



today was another one of those days i've thought about for several months now...a great day for garrett...it is wonderful & heart warming to see your child doing something God truly intended him to do...since he was old enough to talk he would tell me "mama i'm gonna be a solider man" that is toddler talk not 18 year old talk ;)...he is now a corps of cadet at north georgia college & state university in the beautiful georgia mountains...he was accepted at VMI, the Citadel, Texas A&M and he chose NGCSU because he felt like he "fit" he said when we went to visit the school last summer...when we took him to NGCSU today he was all smiles following kent & i in his bright yellow truck on the interstate...he's been packed for weeks now...ready to go...ready to start a new chapter in his life...ready to acheive more goals...ready to push himself mentally & physically...saying goodbye was short & sweet kent shook his hand & patted him on the back saying "good luck i love you"... i hugged him told him i loved him then we walked away...i looked back at him he had a big smile on his face as to say "i'm going to do great"... i didn't shed a tear nor did i feel like i was leaving my first born child in a place that wasn't for him...somehow, i knew that he is where he wants to be and where God has placed him...i am very proud of you garrett...your a son every mother would be proud of...i thank God everyday for YOU...spread your wings and do what God has placed in your heart to do...fulfill all your dreams...your dad & i are behind you 100%.

I LOVE YOU
mom XO XO XO XO XO

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful!!! I married a cadet from Texas A&M and have NO regrets about it! I think it's a good experience for them to go through, and would love for my sons to follow in their father's footsteps. I'm familiar with VMI and the Citadel (lived near both!) but not NGCSU...though it sounds like just the right place for him! Keep us posted! And by the way, I love that bottom picture! It takes me back about 12 years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for not crying :)

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful moment! :o) Thank you for sharing. Praying for his future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I don't know how I'll be on that day. Can't even think about it right now with all my little ones sleeping upstairs. But, I know it won't be that long and my 8 year old will be an 18 year old. (sigh) I might just sneak into his room right now and give him a squeeze. :)

    ReplyDelete