Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ephesians 5:1. "be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children" (NIV).

focusing on and striving to imitate our heavenly Father is an important responsibility every believer in Christ has been given.

we were created to live a life worthy of our calling and to reflect the beauty of our Lord Jesus Christ

we will become beautiful women of Godly influence when we put 1 Corinthians 11:1 into practice. "follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ" (NIV).

those all came from the devotion i read this morning....i, myself often looking at other women and "think" to myself...why can't i cook like she does...why don't i look like that....why isn't my life as put together as her's is.
i LOVE my life...i love myself very much...i still think to myself why did God make me the way He did??? i was telling my friend just yesterday how i'm beginning to get nervous knowing in 8 weeks we will be with emma lael in china...meeting her for the first time...taking her away from her entire life....i told that friend i relate this feeling to when you ask for something for Christmas really in your mind you know the chances of getting that gift aren't very good but you still ask for it...then on Christmas morning you open up a beautifully wrapped box and it is exactly what you'd asked for...feelings of OMG i can't believe i really got this...do i really deserve this...the feelings of gratitude are over whelming...i keep asking God WHY are we the lucky family who will be emma lael parents... it's not like we deserve to be her parents...we've done nothing to deserve such a wonderful little girl...as i read my devotion this morning it hit me like a ton of bricks...i need to focus on imitating my heavenly Father instead of questioning Him constantly on why He does what He does in my life...history shows me very clearly He knows what He is doing...after all, what i want most is to be the women God has designed me to be...i am beginning to understand who i am....who He's designed me be...and wants me to do...i'm comfortable in my skin...i haven't always been comfortable in my own skin..."I" will become beautiful women of Godly influence when "I" put 1 Corinthians 11:1 into practice. "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ" (NIV)...i'm will do my very best to follow Jesus example as He clearly states in His word.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem of comparing myself to others...and even my own expectations...and not measuring up. It's something God is always at work with on me!!! Isn't it wonderful how our loving Father takes His time in shaping us and growing us? Oh, I love Him so much!!!

    Can't wait to see Emma in your arms! Eight more weeks?!?! Gosh, that will be here before we know it!!!

    ReplyDelete