Thursday, August 12, 2010

we have been Heaven blessed



i love this song...every time i hear it i just cry...image that ;).

on february 5, 1995 (kent's 33rd birthday) we found out that we were going to have a baby "GIRL"...when those words came out of the ultrasound techs mouth kent's eyes immediately filled with tears he was so HAPPY we were having a girl...he leaned over and told me he wanted a girl...this was the first time he'd ever mentioned this to me...he would soon have his "daddy's girl"...a daughter...a spit & image of himself.

2 weeks later i was told it would be very likely i wouldn't carry her to term...at 12weeks of pregnancy with garrett i began contracting...with natalie i began to contract at 13 weeks...i had a port put in my right thigh that would administer medication to keep the contractions at bay...i would have between 30-100 contractions a day...i was hooked up to a monitor that would send in my contracting strips directly to a monitoring office that would relay this information to my doctor...i was on complete bed rest from 13 weeks until she was delivered at 35 weeks gestation...garrett was 3 years old and he would grab onto my legs and beg "mama pick me up" my heart would break each time he'd ask me to pick him up...he would stand on the coach i'd stand up next to the coach i'd hug him real close as if i was picking him up he would wrap his legs around my midsection...all he wanted was for him mama to pick him up...bless his heart...we hired a young lady to stay with us during the day...kent would work full time... come home cook dinner...bath garrett read him a book and put him to bed...then he'd care for his girls natalie & i :)...God, i LOVE this man...we'd sit on the coach he's place his hand on my BIG pregnant belly feeling the contractions as my belly would tighten up...then a kick now and then from ms. natalie.

august 26 at 11:20 a.m. my port was removed...i was FREE able to walk around...pick up garrett... kent took me to lunch i was no longer fearful that my actions would cause my baby girl to be born early...we ordered birth announcement we had the best time that afternoon...as i type this i remember the restaurant in pittsburgh, pa the booth we sat in...60 minutes after the port was removed the contractions hit hard...i'd have to breath...breath...breath and breath some more...they were painful but i knew that if she were born that day she would be okay.
august 26 at 11:17 p.m. natalie was delivered via emergency c-section at Allegheny hospital...when she was handed to kent he held her tight to his chest the tears flowed like a river...my surgical drapes were drenched from his tears...i was strapped down on the surgical table my arms were strapped down but i was able to touch her chubby soft cheeck...my heart was full knowing she was healthy...a baby girl with coal black hair...olive skin the "spit & image" of her daddy...he is very handsome and natalie was beautiful...she was a mirror image of her daddy she had not one outward resemblance of me...today she has my personality and her father's great looks ;) she's beautiful inside & outside.

i will never know if emma lael was born via vaginal delivery...c-section...was her birth father with her birth mom....was she born in a hospital...was she born at home....did her birth father cry when he first saw her face...i know they loved her very much NO one can tell me any different...the circumstances that brought them to make the decision to abadon emma lael i can't judge...i can only THANK them for bringing this precious angle to this world...as the time get closer our family to welcome our newest child...our newest daughter...i have once again began to listen to stevie wonder isn't she lovely.


Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderfull
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she pretty
Truly the angel's best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed
I can't believe what God has done
through us he's given life to one
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she lovely
Life and love are the same
Life is Emma Lael
The meaning of her name belonging to God
God,it could have not been done
Without you who conceived the one
That's so very lovely made from love

2 comments:

  1. She is absolutely beautiful and so is you newest addition!! I can not wait to watch you bring that sweet girl home!!! She is a breath of fresh air each time I check on her on New Days Blog. Hurry Hurry Hurry China!

    ReplyDelete